1. What info needs to be on the image?
You can see the image as a cover on a Vinyl or CD sleeve. It is desirable that the image, the artist name and name of the single, EP or album is rightfully visible. You can design your own square sleeve on www.canva.com for free! You can also upload your own picture and add your text.
2. Can I specify a scheduled release date?
When notifying a new single, EP or album you can specify a preferred release date. Do not fill in a date if you want your music to be uploaded as soon as possible. Mostly, this is within a few days, it might take up some more time for different platforms – up to a maximum of two weeks. It is important to upload your music on time if you want to drop a song on a scheduled release date.
3. Will my music be visible on these portals in the next years, or do I still need to pay a yearly fee?
No, your music will be visible on the portals. There will only be an administration fee charged, when there is income. Eventually, also in the upcoming next years, you will not/never receive an invoice from us!
4. Can I use the same barcode visible on my CD?
If you are using the code on the same tracks (for example an album) you can use the same code. You can also connect your digital product to for instance, a physical CD you want to release.
5. How do I get a barcode?
One or several barcodes when going to www.barcodemaker.nl
6. How many ISRC-codes do I need?
A unique ISRC-code is required for every track (recording). For a single with two tracks, you will need two ISRC-codes. An album consisting out of 11 tracks needs 11 different ISRC-codes.
7. How do I get an ISRC-code?
If you are a producer, you can file for an application at the rights organizations SENA SIMIM. Do you want to be able to directly apply your ISRC-codes? Let our service provide this to you www.barcodemaker.nl/isrc-codes/
8. My artist name seems not to be unique; my tracks are mentioned in the list of a different artist with the same name. What do I do now?
Whenever an artist name is not unique, there is a big chance your music will be visible on his or her page. We can file for a request to set the release apart from other artists with the same name. It can take up to some time before this will be visible on the portals.
9. I want to upload an album; two tracks are already online as singles. What do I do now?
It is not uncommon that both the album itself as well as separate tracks that have been released as a single (with their own sleeve images) are online. Conversely, you can also upload and release a track from an existing album that is already online as a separate single.
10. I did not receive a confirmation email after uploading the tracks.
Check your spam box, in some cases it ends up in your spam box. The confirmation of your order should be received shortly after. If you did not receive an email within 24 hours, please send us a message through the contact form so we can still check the status of your order.
11. I have changed my mind and want to add a track to my Ep or Album.
You will not be able to add extra tracks to an EP, album or single that was previously registered. You have to add the track(s) as a new item.
12. Will I still be the legal owner of my music?
Yes, we do not claim any rights whatsoever! We only offer the service that you can easily and free of charge place your own music on the main portals.
13. How can I notify you of a change of address?
You can update your account details in your account.
14. On what platforms will my music be?
Your music will be on Deezer, Spotify, I-tunes, Apple Music, Zazell, Juke, Megamedia and various other platforms.
15. We have recorded covers, are we aloud to upload these as well?
Covers can also simply be placed on the portals. The individual portals have agreements with rights organizations such as Buma/Stemra, where they have arranged for money to be transferred to the original lyricist, composer and/or publisher.
16. There’s a typo in the tracks title. How can I adjust this?
You can send us a message via the contact form with the description of the inaccuracy and the correct data. We will then submit a request for this to be corrected. Please note that it may take some time for the changes to be processed.
17. Can I have releases deleted?
If you would like to have a particular publication removed, you can send us an e-mail. We will then unsubscribe this track from the portals. You can always stop the digital distribution through us immediately. We will then have your music removed from the portals. It usually takes a while before the music on all portals is offline.